Health Plan Benchmarking
The nation’s largest employee benefits benchmarking survey based on responses from 10,551 employers sponsoring 16,928 health plans nationwide.
Since 2005, United Benefit Advisors® (UBA) has surveyed and advised thousands of employers across the nation regarding their health plan offerings, their ongoing plan decisions in the face of significant legislative and marketplace changes, and the impact of these changes on their employees and businesses. Based on responses from 9,950 employers sponsoring 16,967 health plans, the UBA Health Plan Survey is the nation’s largest health plan benchmarking survey and it provides more accurate plan cost and design data than any other source.
The 2014 UBA Health Plan Survey results reveal noteworthy trends and developments that bear scrutiny and the ongoing attention of employers interested in benchmarking their plans against the competition and making the most informed health care plan decisions possible.
Key findings from the 2014 Executive Summary include:
- Employers overwhelmingly opted for early renewals of their plans
- A “new normal” may be emerging for increased out-of-pocket costs for employees
- The rise of HSAs and HRAs
- Employers continue to offer one PPO health plan option
- Wellness program adoption seems to be in a holding pattern
- Small and midsized employer costs flip-flop
- Northeast regional plans continue to be the richest and could be subject to the Cadillac tax
Comprehensive Health Plan Topics: The survey contains information on a wide range of health plan-related topics, including high-deductible health plans, health savings accounts (HSAs), health reimbursement accounts (HRAs), employee consumerism, wellness programs, chronic disease management programs and more.
The Nation’s Largest Survey: The UBA Health Plan Survey is the nation’s largest and most comprehensive survey of U.S. health plans, with validated responses of nearly 16,928 health plans sponsored by nearly 10,551 employers.
Have All the Facts: Benchmarking data from the UBA Health Plan Survey can help you gauge a wide range of factors regarding your health plan offerings, such as:
- Are company premiums above or below the norm?
- Are the levels of contributions you require your employees to pay in line with your competitors?
- Are co-pays, deductibles, coinsurance, and out-of-pocket maximums for your plans in line with averages for your geography, industry, and size?
- How do your annual premium increases compare with other employers in your area?
- How do your prescription drug benefits compare?
- Are you in step with the cost-containment strategies being implemented successfully by other companies in your industry?
By using this data, we can help more accurately evaluate costs, contrast the current benefit plan’s effectiveness against competitors’ plans and adjust accordingly. This information enables employers to compare their plans with those of similar employers based on type of industry, number of covered employees, or location. The results are of tremendous value in helping evaluate the effectiveness of your current plans and to knowledgeably make future adjustments to keep their benefits both competitive and cost-effective. The end result will give you a distinct competitive edge in recruiting and retaining a superior workforce.